Please add the Job ID number with your computer, media for data recovery or other devices you are sending to us, so the device can be identified when it arrives at our workshop.
· Please DO NOT enclose any Carry Cases, CDs/DVDs or Accessories as we cannot accommodate them within our premises and if sent, will be done so at owners own risk.
· Please be aware that all packaging material sent with the machine will be disposed off and recycled on the day of arrival.
· Please place the Job ID reference number on top of the Laptop, so the machine can be identified when it arrives at our workshop:
Useful Packaging Tips
- Use a rigid box with flaps intact.
- Choose the size of the box according to its content. Under-filled boxes are likely to collapse, overloaded ones may burst.
- Always use high quality materials for your package. Consider strength, cushioning, and durability.
- Choose boxes made of corrugated cardboard, with good quality outer liners.
- Wrap all items separately.
- Put goods in the centre of a package ensuring they do not touch the sides. Your item should be well cushioned on all sides.
- Make use of cushioning materials, to prevent the contents from moving.
- Use strapping, when suitable, as a good way to seal and secure your box.
- Use strong tape designed for shipping if strapping is not available.
- When re-using a box remove all old labels including any old hazardous material indicators.
- Use ‘arrow-up’ labels for non-solid materials.
- Repack your items properly. Many goods are sold in the original manufacturers packaging which may not be suitable for carriage.
- Complete the address label clearly and completely, using capital letters when handwriting labels to improve readability.
- Place a duplicate address label inside the parcel.
To reduce the risk of shock damage and movement inside the package, we recommend you use one or a combination of one of the following types of packing material:
- Loose fill packing, e.g., polystyrene chips
- Expanded polystyrene foam
- Polystyrene sheets or blocks
- Bubble wrap
- Foam rubber Geber
- Screwed up newspaper or any other similar item
Please be aware that all packaging material sent with the machine will be disposed off and recycled on the day of arrival.
Once your machine has arrived and been seen by an engineer, we will contact you with an outcome.