Laptop screen problems
Signs of laptop screen problems :
- Sometimes you may notice a small crack or what looks like a spider`s web. When you turn the laptop on you can only partially see and the spider`s web has a dark colour.
- Laptop comes on but the screen is either white or black ? Maybe the screen is damaged or there is a problem with the data cable connection.
- The screen is dim. It means that there is a backlight issue.
- The screen flickers, but stops when moved and then it starts again. Either screen or data cable problem.
- Weird lines being displayed on the screen? Possible screen or motherboard problem
CAUTION: Laptop screen replacement should only be done by computer repair specialists.
How to protect your laptop`s screen:
- Use common sense
- Keep food and liquids away
- Gently, close and open the lid and make sure that you don`t leave anything on the keyboard before closing the lid.
- Don`t use sharp objects to clean the screen.
- Buy a laptop bag to protect it wherever you go.
- A good way to avoid damage to the screen is to buy a screen protector.